Open Call: Kunstraum Artist Residency 2021
KUNSTRAUM ARTIST RESIDENCY 2021
Application deadline: August 30, 2020 | Notifications: October 1, 2020
Kunstraum offers 3-months artist residencies for national and international artists in a quarterly cycle. In 2021, these residency periods will span from January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December.
Founded by artists for artists, Kunstraum is a studio hub, incubator, and gallery space in Brooklyn with the mission to provide affordable spaces to artists that fosters exchange and networking opportunities. Located between the historical neighborhood of Clinton Hill and newly developed Navy Yard, Kunstraum spreads out between two bright and renovated artist lofts.
Each residency includes a studio space inside our subdivided lofts and access to our gallery space, participation in our annual members show, sales opportunities via an online gallery, and a great artist community to meet and interact with. The resident artist will be offered regular studio visits by curators, gallerists, critics, art advisers, as well as social media promotion and a feature of your work on our website. Our internal monthly newsletter includes news, events, an open call list with exhibition and residency opportunities. All resident artists are invited to attend our gallery events to meet the steady community of artists, designers and filmmakers as well as mingle with incoming artists and curators of our ongoing exhibition program.
The studio spaces have 24/7 access with 13ft ceilings, a freight elevator, slop sink, secure Wifi and are used for non-toxic materials only – all painters work on non-toxic basis. Blick Art Supply, hardware stores, post office, print shops, supermarkets, restaurants, and delis are just 1.5 blocks away, and Home Depot is as close as 10 blocks.
No living is included. The resident artist is responsible to find own living arrangements. Referrals to short-term listings can be provided.
The residency fee is $600 per month for a 3-month term and following starting dates 1/1/2021; 4/1/2021; 7/1/2021; 10/1/2021, included is:
- Studio space with 24/7 access (workspace only no living)
- Monthly studio visits by New York curators, gallerists, critics, art advisers (full list below)
- Social media promotion
- Website promotion
- Access to gallery space between ongoing exhibition program (only 4 shows per year)
- Summer show participation including professional documentation and online sales for 6 months
- Access to events and community, networking with other New York creatives
Send one PDF no larger than 8 MB to Sarah, email@example.com with the headline: Kunstraum Artist Residency Application
Include the following:
- Statement of Motivation with starting date/s - 250 word
- Statement on private or public funding plan - 100 word
- Portfolio with max. 10 pages with 10-20 images
- Optional: 2 links to 1-2 mins video excerpts (specify cue in and out)
- CV with max, 10 pages
- Links to website, Instagram, recent exhibition or press
Deadline: August 30 at midnight of your local time zone
Notification of residency offer: October 1, 2020
Acceptance with one-month deposit requirement: October 15, 2020
Any questions please reach out to Sarah, firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are looking forward to receiving your application!